Colt smoke control systems: creating a safe environment
The full benefits of a well-designed Colt system
Colt pioneered the science of smoke control and has been a major contributor to the research on the behaviour of smoke and fires since the 1950s.
You can count on Colt to provide a well-designed smoke control system that:
- protects the building’s occupiers
- keeps escape and access routes free from smoke
- facilitates fire-fighting operations
- delays or prevents flashover, reducing the risk of the fire developing further
- protects the contents of the building
- reduces risk of damage to the building.
The components of smoke control systems
Smoke control systems can include powered and natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilation systems and smoke containment.